Print-On-Demand is becoming popular amongst online sellers. Whether you are looking to sell t-shirts, mugs, phone cases or other items, there are plenty of options out there. But how to choose the right supplier to work with? In this article, we've identified 3 steps that will help you get started with Print-On-Demand. #printondemand #dropshipping
Step 1: Identify your needs
First, what is your business or idea all about? What are you looking to sell? Are you looking to sell t-shirts, mugs, phone cases, magazines, coffee etc.? Do you have this one time idea for a funny t-shirt that you think will become viral? Are you building a website to sell many customizable items? Are you targeting a specific niche? Are you building a clothing brand? Who are you?
Once you've identified what products you want to sell, then you can start to look for reliable drop shipping and print-on-demand companies that offer the services and products you are looking for.
Step 2: Find a supplier that fits your criteria
Now that you know what products you want to sell, make a list of the most important criteria to you that will help you find the right supplier.
For example, you might want to think about:
- Does the supplier offer a good customer support? How fast do they answer my requests?
- What is the quality of the products?
- How reliable is the supplier?
- Do they have a variety of products to choose from?
- What is the cost of the products and shipping?
- What is the turnover time?
- Do they ship in other countries?
- Is it easy to design my products?
- Do they integrate with my platform?
Making a profit is important and that is the bottom line, but getting a good customer support and fast shipping should definitely be on top of your list as most people are looking to receive their products fast and expect a good customer service.
One of the good ways to see if the company fits your criteria is to test them. Call them to see if they have a friendly customer service. Order samples and see how fast you will receive the products and see if the quality meets your standard. Get in the game!
We wanted to help you identify some of the best Print-On-Demand companies in Canada to facilitate your choice based on their product offering and important criteria.
Printful: Suitable for starters and people looking to easy of use
- Many customizable items, over 250 products including t-shirts, decor, pet clothing, phone cases etc.
- Ease of use
- Consistent print quality
- Automatic integration with most major platforms
- Shipping Worldwide
- Customer service hard to reach
- Expect some shipping delays
Printify: Suitable for starters and people looking at price tags
- Low production costs
- Many production facilities worldwide
- Wide variety of apparel and home decor (300+ products)
- Relatively quick fulfillment 2-7 business days
- Automatic integration to most major platforms
- Limited branding option (neck labels only)
- Inconsistent print quality
Printeez: Suitable for brands, influencers and people with some volume
- Friendly and personalized customer service
- Fast shipping 1-3 business days
- Good print quality
- Unlimited branding options (neck tags, hem tags, sewn labels, stickers etc.)
- Shipping Worldwide
- Manual integration to most major platforms
- Limited product selection (apparel only)
We've listed these 3 major providers for Print-On-Demand services, but please note that you have more options to choose from, as listed by Canadians Internet.
Step 3: Get Started
Once you've identified your needs and that you've found the company to work with, integrate your store with your supplier and get going! Share your products to the world on social media platforms, optimize your website for SEO, run some paid ads targeting your niche etc. Get creative, spread the word and keep grinding!